Saturday, March 5, 2016

#‎B2BCYCON Interview With Skylar Nightingale


Today I have another Brain to Books Cyber Convention author feature. Remember, this great event for authors and readers alike is coming to Goodreads this April, on the 8th, 9th and 10th.

Be sure to check out all the details and pertinent links for the event here:


Now on with the main event, our Brain to Books author feature.


Today I have a great interview with romance author Skylar Nightingale.


Interview with Skylar Nightingale






Why don’t you begin by sharing a little about yourself?

I am a mother of three loving boys and I have been married for 15 years to my adoring husband. I am a stay at home mom, but I also work at home online. When I am not writing, I enjoy reading, listening to music, and spending time with my family.


Could you tell us a bit about your latest book?

My latest book is called “Bound to You.” It is going to be released in April. It is about a young woman named Nina. She has the opportunity to meet megastar Terry Rayborn. Meeting him, she realizes there is an unexplainable connection between them, but she keeps her feelings at bay because she has a boyfriend. However, when she discovers that her boyfriend is cheating on her, it changes her perspective on relationships. Although she’s damaged from her experience she gives Terry a try. They fall in love, but she becomes engulfed in fear of getting hurt again. She has to decide to let Terry go to avoid the pain or experience a love that is deeper than she’s ever felt.  


Of all the books you've written, do you have a favourite?

So far I have one published book, “Forbidden Acts”, and “Bound to You” is soon to be released.
I loved them both for different reasons. I love the sexual tension between Lucinda, the teacher, and Fabian, her student. It’s forbidden love. I enjoyed writing about this because you get to see and feel the internal struggle of not surrendering to your emotions. “Bound to You” is about imagination, meeting reality. Stimulating the question, what would you do if you had the opportunity to date your celebrity crush?


Why did you decide to write in the romance genre?

I decided to write in the romance genre because it is the genre I love to read. I revel in the tension and sometimes friction between the characters. I like to feel and see that when I’m writing and reading. Writing the character’s experiences and getting them where they want to be is an interesting journey.


Who is your intended readership?

I write for those who enjoy reading romance genres, Contemporary, New Adult, and Young Adult. My stories are intended for ages 16 and older.


Why did you write this book? What was your inspiration?

I was watching a music video of an artist that I liked and I thought, mmm…I wonder what would happen… and it grew into a story from there.


What did you enjoy most about writing your book?

I enjoyed the fantasy of it all. A mega-star falling in love with one of his biggest fans is something that many have daydreamed about. Giving readers a taste of that world of imagination is amazing.


What did you find most challenging about writing your book?

What I found challenging about writing my book is time. With all the things I have going on, I find it difficult to squeeze in time, but it is a must.


Did anything surprise you about the process of writing your book?

What surprised me is that the story changed and grew as I wrote it.


What is your greatest challenge as a writer?

My greatest challenge sometimes is not being able to turn off my imagination. I am always thinking of ideas. I may see or hear something and think that would be a great story idea, so I’ll jot it down. Currently, I have several stories brewing, waiting to be unearthed.


What advice would you give beginning writers?

My advice is to be focused with this talent. It is easy to get side-tracked because of everything that happens in life, but if you really want to do it, you have to take the initiative to sit down and get going on your next idea. No one else can do it for you, so if you don’t take some time, you will never complete a sentence, a paragraph, a book. 


Are you working on another book?

Yes, I am working on another. It is a YA romance.  Stay tuned…


Available on Amazon:


Bound to You – coming soon





Author Bio:

Skylar Nightingale grew up in Syracuse, NY. She was a shy girl who internalized ideas and events into stories. Skylar discovered her talent when she was in 3rd grade. Her teacher had a writing contest to win a poster of a character from a Dr. Seuss book. The first time she lost, but when she realized what the teacher and the class were looking for, she won every writing contest after that. She continued to write poetry when she moved to Connecticut at the age of 15. When she moved to South Carolina, she entered a writing competition, coming in third--against hundreds of writers. Skylar Nightingale is currently working on her second romance novel. When she isn’t behind her keyboard banging out amazing worlds and characters, she can be found spending time with her family, reading, or listening to music.


I'd like to thank Skylar Nightingale for stopping by today, and be sure to check out her virtual booth at the convention this April.




Google+ Badge