Monday, January 25, 2016

Robbie Burns Day: Far From Home

In honour of Robbie Burns Day, I present some poetry, and some music...




Far From Home


Across the sea I’ve wandered deep
I raced away from hills and sheep 
Now in this hour along
rise memories I dared to keep,
and tears I thought I’d never weep
wrapped in a highland song



© A. F. Stewart 2016 All Rights Reserved







Echoes of the Heart


I know the blooming heather calls to me
and I long to see the wild mountain thyme
that grows on the hills far past Dundee
I know the blooming heather calls to me
With a sprig of plant in my hair flowing free
to be in those highland hills I ache to climb
I know the blooming heather calls to me
and I long to see the wild mountain thyme



© A. F. Stewart 2016 All Rights Reserved




Bruce & Dylan Guthro -Wild Mountain Thyme- Tønder

http://bruceguthro.com




Google+ Badge