Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Book Spotlight: The Super Spud Trilogy

 Now Featuring:


The Super Spud Trilogy by Michael Diack

Genetic engineering has accomplished many things, one of which has been to create the Super Spud! The humble potato elevated to new heights, creating the most flavoursome crisps ever known to humankind!
But that's not all - A magical transformation occurs to all Super Spud crisps not eaten before their use-by date. They take on a life of their own. And so long as they remain undetected by humans, they enjoy
life in their own Super Spud cities, take part in major Super Spud sporting events and even start the odd Super Spud war or two. Join Colin, Cougar, Hannibal Vector, Generals Rock, Jock and Strap and all
the others in their rollicking adventures. You'll never look at a packet of crisps in the same way again! Fun, quirky and totally original.

Quote from the author:
"The personality of the Super Spud is determined by their flavour. Tuna flavours, enriched with omega-3 fish oils are very smart, while steak and spinach flavours are incredibly strong due to their high iron content.  The story is fast and a series of non-stop adventures from one chapter to the next, encompassing locations including Egypt, Mexico, UK, Italy and the North Pole! I basically want to entertain the reader and let them read something truly original and quirky.  It also contains many references to popular films and characters like:  Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Robin Hood, 24's Jack Bauer and Batman.  It's fun, quirky, strange and, hopefully, unlike anything the reader has read before ( it is walking, talking crisp packets afterall...)"

(Note:  For all us North Americans, crisps is how they refer to potato chips in Britain)

The Super Spud Trilogy is available at:
Amazon UK
Amazon US
Book Depository
Barnes and Noble



Author Bio:

Hi, my name is Michael Diack and I’m 26.  I studied geology at the University of Manchester and, after graduating, I was lucky to find a job in Oman working for a geophysical company.  I enjoy table tennis,
music, films, football, sailing and writing about magical potatoes with a taste for adventure and humour.  I’m also a proud geek and I enjoy computer games and playing a four hour game of Risk with my friends.  I always wanted to be a volcanologist, like Pierce Brosnan in Dante’s Peak, but I enjoy my current job and lifestyle.  I released my debut novel back in April 2012 as a paperback and e-book for Kindle.

Google+ Badge