Monday, January 24, 2011

Book Lists

A List of Memorable Books

I was in a list making mood today.
The following books are ones I found dramatically memorable and that left a permanent impression on my delicate little psyche. They are probably, at least in part, responsible for the state of my mind today.

  • Possession by A. S. Byatt
  • Dune by Frank Herbert
  • The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
  • 1984 by George Orwell
  • The Sandman by Neil Gaiman
  • Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • 1916: A Novel of the Irish Rebellion by Morgan Llywelyn
  • The Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan
  • Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls


And two I found memorable in an “I think the book is brilliant, but you will never get me to read it again because it gave me the willies” sort of way.

  • Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  • Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
















Ping rss

Google+ Badge