Today, I’m talking about some of the new shows that debuted this fall. In my opinion, there have been a few standouts, a couple of watchable shows and some disappointments.
- Hawaii Five-O- This cop show is gorgeous (in both cast and setting), action-packed and just plain fun. It is fast becoming one of my favourites.
- The Event- I didn’t know what to expect when this show debuted, but it is a gripping show. It has a solid sci-fi/conspiracy plotline that doles out just enough information to tease and intrigue, but not frustrate you.
- $#*! My Dad Says- The best thing I can say about this sitcom is it makes me laugh out loud.
- Nikita- I was surprised by this one, but it is a great show. It’s intriguing, dramatic with some fabulous spy action.
- The Defenders- A bit goofy and at times earnest, but the two leads, Jim Belushi and Jerry O’Connell, charm and so does the show.
- Law and Order: Los Angeles- A sturdy addition to the Law and Order family, with good acting and engaging plots.
- No Ordinary Family- I wanted to like this show, but it was too humdrum with way too much family angst. I did not think you could make superheroes boring until I watched this show.
- Undercovers- The previews for this show looked cool, but it sucks. The two romantic leads have no chemistry, the spy plots are ridiculous and overall the show is tedious.
- Chase- This isn’t exactly a bad show, but I found it lacklustre. I felt it tried too hard to be serious and it never connected.